So far, I am 'two for two' with this recipe - meaning that I've made it on two separate occasions for two totally different groups of people, without having any leftovers to take home. One of my aunts even asked me for the recipe a couple of days ago. Which hasn't happened before (at least, not lately anyways). And best of all, it will only take you about six minutes to make. That, my friends, is the sign of a successful recipe.
- 1 package (250g) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaping cup of salsa,
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar the first time, marble the second [pictured], and mozzarella would be delish as well... cheese-wise, anything goes!)
- diced green onions, for garnish (I used 1/3 of a green onion for the version pictured - could use more or less, depending on your personal preference)
1. Spread the entire package of cream cheese onto your dish.
2. Top with salsa, spread evenly.
3. Add the shredded cheese on top of the salsa.
4. Microwave for 45 seconds (or until the cheese is melted).
5. Garnish with the green onions.
6. Serve with crackers, chips, and/or veggies.
That's it. Easy and delicious.