June 17, 2013

mini makeover > wooden storage unit

Once upon a time, I posted about some projects in progress... remember? This wooden storage unit (and I really don't know what else to call it... a drawer unit? An organizing system? Nothing short and catchy is coming to mind...) is one of those projects.


I don't know how long I've had this wooden storage unit, and I also don't remember how much I paid for it. All I know is that it was discovered at the GBF, a few months or years ago. I fell in love with the potential organization that these wonderful wooden drawers possessed. I did not fall in love with the butterfly decals, however...


Buhbye, butterflies... 



Rookie mistake: not trying to at least partially remove the decals before spray painting... I think that sanding them down a bit would have made a bit of a difference. In the end, though, you can't tell that butterfly decals once graced these drawers (mission accomplished).




Total cost:

Wooden storage unit = estimated $5.00 from the GBF (similar products from IKEA)
Spray paint = extra from other projects (Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze)
Total = $5.00 (ish)




No comments:

Post a Comment