June 10, 2013

recipe > wonton pizza bites

Today, I'm stepping out in a bold new direction, one this blog has not yet traveled in: into the foreign domain of... recipes. Still considered a DIY attempt and more delicious then the average spray paint project, this recipe would fall under the 'domestic adventures' category I mentioned way back in the very beginning...

I have adapted this recipe from similar ideas found on Pinterest (of course) as well as a Mediterranean version from Kraft Canada.

These little pizza bites are the perfect appetizer for any celebration: a baby or bridal shower, a potluck, a BBQ, a Superbowl party... any night of the week ending with 'y'... they're always a hit.

Without further ado, here is my first recipe...


Ingredients:
  • wonton wrappers (see the photo below for a visual reference... I had no idea what to look for the first time these were on my grocery list!)
  • 1 jar of tomato sauce - marinara is also a delicious option. (Side note: you probably won't use the whole jar, I typically use 1/2 to 2/3 of the jar)
  • pepperoni
  • cheese - I use mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan
  • optional: veggies: mushrooms, peppers, pineapple... anything you'd put on your pizza!
Side note: I didn't use exact measurements for the ingredients because I typically wing it and use slightly different amounts of ingredients each time I make these -  depending on how many won ton wrappers I use or what the occasion calls for.

---


How To:

To start, lightly spritz the muffin pans you'll use with a cooking spray. Place the wonton wrappers in the pans (I've used different sized pans with no issues), one wonton wrapper per cup.

 

Press the wraps into the muffin cup with your fingers, so that they look like this:


Bake at 350 degrees for 6 or 7 minutes. The wonton wraps will be lightly browned at the edges. I use these 6 or 7 minutes to prep the fillings (pepperoni, cheese, veggies, etc.).


This is where I become a one woman assembly line of pizza magic... First, a spoonful of sauce into each wrapper. Secondly, a bit of cheese. Next is the pepperoni, topped with veggies and more cheese.


Once all the wrappers are full, I pop them back into the oven (still at 350 degrees) for another 7 or 8 minutes (until the cheese is melted).


Cool and enjoy.
Bon appetit... or as the Dutch say, "eet smakelijk!"





No comments:

Post a Comment