July 03, 2013

mini makeover > itty bitty jewellery box


Confession alert: this itty bitty box has been in my possession for a few years. Many Christmases ago, I bought this plain wooden box intending it to be part of a gift I was going to make for my dear friend Linette... I was going to surprise her with a personalized travel version of our favourite game: Ten Pennies. Unfortunately, procrastination won out and I never did present Linette with her very own Ten Pennies Kit (I'm sorry, Linners). 



I started off by giving the box a healthy coat of spray paint. I had found some cute wrapping paper in Target's dollar spot recently, and cut out some of the flowers. Using ModPodge, I attached the flower cutouts. Even with the drying time, this itty bitty jewellery box didn't take long to complete!



Nowadays, this jazzy little box is used to house part of my jewellery collection... hopefully Linette will forgive and forget (and let me win a round or two of Ten Pennies).




Total cost:

Wooden box = $1.00 (Dollarama, at least 3 years ago)
Spray paint = leftover from other projects
Wrapping paper = $1.00 (Target) 
ModPodge = $7.99 for 16 oz (Hobby Lobby)  
Total = $9.99 




No comments:

Post a Comment